EntomoLabels

Vše o preparování hmyzu.. metody, tipy, rady a pomůcky
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

EntomoLabels

Příspěvek od Grzegorz Banasiak »

Entomolabels is now available for download at http://labels.entomo.pl
You can also download a (too) short manual. I hope it will be useful for you.

I am also asking for comments, opinions and questions - which I will try to answer quickly.
ivanmajer
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Re: EntomoLabels

Příspěvek od ivanmajer »

Windows only?
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

ivanmajer píše: 28 led 2018, 23:06 Windows only?
Unfortunatelly yes. Which operating system do you use?
ivanmajer
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Příspěvek od ivanmajer »

ubuntu..... to try emulator
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

ivanmajer píše: 29 led 2018, 05:15 ubuntu..... to try emulator
Please, let mi know about results.
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

New version of EntomoLabels has been released. http://labels.entomo.pl
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

At the request of one of colleagues, I added a 3 point text size; 5 lines will fit on the label 5.5mm high.
Přílohy
interline.jpg
jardahauzr

Příspěvek od jardahauzr »

Děkuji za doplnění.Šablonu na rozměr 13*5,5 mm jsem si upravil, ale velikost písma se mi mevedlo změnit. Autor zareagoval v opravdu krátké době.
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

If you have any questions or suggestions please let mi know.
In autumn (after the season) I will write a full manual. Currently available for download is a small part of the program's possibilities.
Hadesia

Příspěvek od Hadesia »

Gregorz, I looked at your software but found following problems:
1. Most users are right handed. I keep almost always beetle in right hand looking on it, so your label is "heads up". Your dot for pin should be on opposite right side (end of text)! As minimum it should be option where it it dot for pinning. Without this option I can not use your software (I have a lot of insect pinned that way, huh) !!
2. I am using labels 14mm long, 4 lines of text. I do not want use text size 3, for many older entomologist it is difficult readable. If i use Arial narrow and size 3.5 and I need write there gps coordinates in form of 48.5830819N,19.1286497E (now you know where is my birth house :D ) the text box must be 13,1 mm wide to get coordinates in one line. Ok, it can be last line but it will be nice if dot will be that way reflect this. I think write coordinates will be more and more obligatory. So I believe textbox should have template to allow include it without lot of adapting.
3. it is not possible use different formatting in label? For example, the coordinates I want to have Arial narrow 3.5 size, but rest Arial size 4? (if this is too complicate I can live without it). I think if you do not use some notes (f.e " on dead twigs of tree") this form will suit most occassion.

Otherwise is seems great and you can count me like future user. Thank you very much :yes
Hadesia

Příspěvek od Hadesia »

Gregorz, one note more.
If I work with label (and I believe most of us works same way) I cut off the COLUMN of same type and than I cut individual labels and pin them. Than I take next type ... Usually I have more of them, because I write some notes (sifting under old oak, on foliage, dead fallen trunks, sweeping, etc)
Yours software is filling it in ROWS what will be way more complicate and "unnatural" to work with it.
If your software can fill at first COLUMN and than rows, it will be great
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

I'll think if it can be done. I do not know if I understood your intentions well. If every type of label started with a new line - would it simplify your work?
See the attached example.
In addition, you can set the distance between labels to cut them with scissors or a knife - one cut (this is set in the Labels tab in the print window).

I will try to adapt the program to the needs because it is supposed to be convenient for all entomologists :)
Přílohy
el2.jpg
el1.jpg
Hadesia

Příspěvek od Hadesia »

Yes, if every type can start in new row it will be easier to separate it.
Big series I can cut column first anyway.

Just more important for me is the dot for pin on right side (I can still pin it in empty place but it leaves that dot in label what will disturb me)
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

You can modify template as you need.
Click on pin point. Click remove (if you need remove it) or move its posiotion on label. See attached pictures.
All label paramters you can change, label size, borders, edit fields, pictures. Simply click the object and on toolbar modify it's parameters.
When you set parameters as you need you can save template.

When you create the necessary templates you will work more efficiently and faster. With the program I added only a few sample templates. If you just want to send me a photo of the label you need I will make a template and I'll attach it here.
Přílohy
el3.jpg
el4.jpg
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Napisałem krótki tekst (po polsku) na temat szablonów, powinna pomóc zrozumieć zasady tworzenia szablonów. Mam nadzieję, że będzie przydatna.
Na lepszy poderęcznik użytkownika trzeba będzie zaczekać do zakończenia sezonu.

I have written a short tekst (in Polish) about the templates, it should help to understand the rules of creating templates. I hope it will be useful.
You will have to wait until the end of the season for a better user guide.
Přílohy
EL_Szablony.pdf
(501.67 KiB) Staženo 647 x
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Nowa wersja EntomoLabels ma również zaimplementowane autonumerowanie.
To może być bardzo przydatne dla entomologów, którzy numerują swoje okazy. Na załączonej grafice pokazałem przykład jak to robić.

The new version has implemented the autonumber field.
It is very convenient for entomologists numbering specimens. An example of use on the attached graphics.
Přílohy
zawartość pola / field content
zawartość pola / field content
autonum1.jpg (22.87 KiB) Zobrazeno 25120 x
ilość / quantity
ilość / quantity
rezultat / result
rezultat / result
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

The new version of EntomoLabels is now available for download from labels.entomo.pl. I added some useful features there.
- Added the ability to change the position of labels on the list, the label can be changed position in the list by moving it up or down;
- In the print window, the "Breaks" tab has been added;
The attached graphics show how the printout looks after the meaning of the individual options. I also added "Notes" with a few notebooks that can provide information about species, locations, plants or whatever you need.

Nowa wersja EntomoLabels jest już dostępna do pobrania ze strony labels.entomo.pl. Dodałem tam kilka przydatnych funkcji.
- możliwość zmiany pozycji etykiet na liście, przesuwając ją w górę lub w dół;
- W oknie drukowania została dodana zakładka "Breaks";
Załączona grafika pokazuje, jak wydruk wygląda po znaczeniu poszczególnych opcji. Dodałem także "Notatki" z kilkoma notatnikami, które mogą przechowywać informacje na temat gatunków, lokalizacji, roślin lub czegokolwiek, czego potrzebujesz.
Přílohy
EL_label_move1.jpg
EL_no_breaks2.jpg
EL_special3.jpg
EL_all_breaks4.jpg
EL_notes.jpg
EL_notes_open.jpg
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

Rozwiązałem problem gorszej jakości wydruku przy niektórych szablonach pojawiający się w Windows 7. Być może nigdy to u Was nie wystąpiło ale zdarzało się czasem. W efekcie znacząco poprawiła się jakość druku najmniejszych wielkości czcionki. Obecnie dodałem możliwość druku fontem o rozmiarze 2,5pkt. To pozwoli na zmieszczenie 7 linii tekstu na etykietce 14x7mm. Dla mnie to trochę za małe ale wiem, że niektórzy drukują.
To rozwiązanie i kilka innych udogodnień pojawi się w najbliższej wersji za kilka dni.

I solved the problem of inferior print quality with some of the templates appearing in Windows 7. Perhaps it never occurred in you but it happened sometimes. As a result, the print quality of the smallest font sizes has significantly improved. I have now added the possibility of printing with a 2.5pkt font. This will allow you to fit 7 lines of text on a 14x7mm label. For me it's a little too small but I know that some print.
This solution and several other facilities will appear in the next version in a few days.
Přílohy
14x7_6lines_2_5pkt.JPG
14x7_6lines_2_5pkt.JPG (18.75 KiB) Zobrazeno 23962 x
14x7_7lines_2_5pkt.JPG
14x7_7lines_2_5pkt.JPG (19.18 KiB) Zobrazeno 23962 x
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

New version of EntomoLabels has been released. A brief description of changes and download - on labels.entomo.pl
Grzegorz Banasiak
Kontaktovat uživatele:

The new version of EntomoLabels is coming (within two weeks)
-support for DataMatrix and QRcode
-scrolled working field, new zoom
-larger labels up to 140x100 mm
-list of labels with the "Quantity" column
-total number of labels
-search
-export data to CSV
... and many more
Přílohy
EntomoLabels8.jpg
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Preparace hmyzu /Insect preparation/“